MINNEAPOLIS | U of M CHURCH PLANT
In fall 2017 Salt Network churches will be partnering together to plant a church amongst students at the University of Minnesota and the surrounding community. Drew Stevenson from Veritas Church in Iowa City will be lead pastor. Jordan Adams from Cornerstone Church of Ames will be the Salt Company director. We are excited to see who will join in this church plant from transferring students, to graduating Salt Company members, to existing students and professionals in the city of Minneapolis, to those who don’t yet know Jesus. Keep up to date on opportunities to be involved and information about the church plant by filling out the interest survey and joining the Facebook group:
Located at the crossroads of Minneapolis and St. Paul, the university of Minnesota is the 6th largest university in America with almost 50,000 students. 7,000 of these are international students. Only a handful of churches are reaching out to university students and even fewer with the Next Generation values that are a part of Salt Network’s DNA. Currently only about 1,000 students are involved in evangelical ministries. We look forward to starting a Salt Company on this campus to be able to bring the Gospel to more and more students.
Minneapolis is also a thriving place for culture and for vocation. Minneapolis has recently been dubbed the Seattle of the Midwest. The opportunities for graduating seniors in the Salt Network and current young professionals from other cities to move to Minneapolis, find a career, and be a part of God’s work to the city are endless.
Pray with Us
Please join us in prayer for moving forward and that God would do His work in the Minneapolis area.
- Pray for God to raise up laborers to be the staff of this church plant. Pray for non-staff professionals to live around campus, the North Loop, Downtown, and Uptown.
- Pray for young families in the suburbs to consider moving to downtown areas of the city.
- Pray for juniors and seniors at all our Salt Company’s to catch a vision for planting their lives in this city after they graduate.
- Pray for students at current Salt Network churches to consider transferring to the University of Minnesota.
- Pray for the lost and unchurched of this city to be stirred towards Jesus in the coming months.