Cornerstone Church has a special calling to equip next-generation leaders. The development of CST and a growing desire to plant churches led to the decision to institute a two-year training program – called a “Residency”.
The CST Residency is geared toward training the leaders who will plant churches and training the leaders who will succeed current staff members who may be called to church planting. The three emphases of our Residency training are (1) growing in knowledge, (2) developing ministry skills/competency, and (3) maturing in character.
Additionally, the Salt Network offers Overseas Residencies that place young leaders in the context of international ministry and church planting. More info on those Residencies can be found here.
Cornerstone School of Theology offers 15 courses (45 credit hours). These fulfill the requirements of a Master’s in Theological Studies and are accredited through Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, Missouri. The courses are taught on-site and seek to equip students to:
- Demonstrate increased biblical and theological knowledge.
- Interpret and apply Scripture more effectively using appropriate hermeneutical principles.
- Formulate mature theological convictions based on Scripture, with knowledge of their historical background.
- Initiate and maintain a practice of classical spiritual disciplines.
- Develop a Great Commission perspective that finds expression in evangelism, missions and commitment to local church ministry.
Cornerstone Church is a thriving and growing church with expanding opportunities for hands-on ministry experience. Future leaders who are accepted into the CST Residency program will be on the Cornerstone staff, serving in one of the following ministries:
Paul was bold in his instruction to Timothy: “Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.” (1 Timothy 4:16) Maturity comes by watching others who are further along than you are and receiving life-giving counsel from them. CST residents are coached by a Cornerstone staff member, elder, or leader for ongoing character development.
- Current Senior in college or college graduate
- Desire to be employed by Cornerstone for two years and complete the CST Program
- Qualify for admission to Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Past ministry service (volunteer or vocational)
- Strong interest in pursuing vocational ministry
- Full-time position with a $24,000 salary plus benefits (Fund raise $500/month)
- Full scholarship for Master’s in Theological Studies (15 courses)
- Intentional mentorship from experienced ministry leaders
- Intended length: 2 years