This Spring we’re offering two 4-week equipping classes:
Race and The Church & Global Missions.
Cornerstone room locations will be assigned later. You will receive an email with details.
Race and the Church
Sundays: March 29, April 5, April 19 & April 26 | 6:00p–7:30p | Mark Vance & Jarryd Cole
How to deal with our national history of racism and the ongoing presence of racial injustice is one of the most pressing matters in American public life. In a cultural moment of outrage and “Twitter-anger”, Christians need to lean into Biblical wisdom to guide us forward. Our aim in these four weeks is to explore what the Bible says about race, justice, and love of our neighbor. With the Scripture as a sure guide, our goal is to grow in understanding, awareness, and love of our neighbor.
- Week 1: What does the Bible say about Race and Racism?
- Week 2: History of Race, America, and the Church
- Week 3: Understanding and Evaluating the Viewpoints and Vocabulary of Race in America
- Week 4: Moving toward Local Love and Personal Awareness
Sundays: March 22, March, 29, April 5, April 19 | 6:00p–7:30p | Mike Easton
God has a passion for his name and renown to be known to the ends of the earth. In this class you’ll see God’s passion for his glory and his heart for the nations as seen throughout the Scripture. As well we’ll look into what that means for American Christians in the 21st century and Cornerstone members. We hope every member at Cornerstone will have awareness of what God is doing around the world. And for those who are interested in doing a short-term trip, reaching out to internationals, or going long-term overseas, we would highly recommend this class.
- Session 1: Biblical Basis for Global Missions
- Session 2: Historical: Historical Nature of Missions
- Session 3: Strategy of Global Missions
- Session 4: Applied: Your Life in God’s Global Mission